Carrying out Risk Assessments is an important method of protecting your workers and your business, as well as complying with regulatory requirements. The management of Health and safety Regulations 1999 places an absolute duty on the employer to make suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks to the health and safety of their employees at work and to non-employees affected by their undertaking.
Health and Safety procedures formalise the actions necessary within a work activity to ensure that the activity is safe. Procedures tend to be written in the order that the actions are likely to be carried out and formalise and bind arrangements in place. If things need to be done in a particular way the procedure would help to ensure that it is done. Health and safety procedures should set clear standards of performance and apply to:
- Information, training and supervision.
- Equipment and substances ( transport, storage and use).
- Products and services (design, delivery, transport and storage).
- Environmental and pace of work control.
- Management actions and the way work is undertaken.
Let us assist you with your risk assessments, please contact us
Chris: 07836 656 749 Jo: 07821 119 219